Blurb

Welcome, Failte, & Fit Like? to the biggest, oldest (established in 1999 as Scotland's Seti) and best Scottish Boinc team around!
We crunch for all the major Boinc projects and nearly all the minor ones. Our aim is to use our spare computing power to advance human knowledge while enjoying some friendly competition amongst ourselves and with other teams. So if you're Scottish by birth, ancestry, residence, emotional attachment or even if you've no link at all with Scotland but just fancy being part of a lively friendly team, please come join us, everyone is welcome. The most important part of the site is our Forum . Even if you're not a member of any of our teams we'd be delighted to have you visit.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Latest Score = Nine Million

Well done everybody. We made it to 9 million and will soon be in 8 figures. We continue to accrue new personnel. The details are below;

Last update 23:40hrs 16th Feb 2006
This update 23:00hrs 24th Feb 2006
Total Active Members 169 (+4)
Recent Active Members 90 (+3)
Total Credit 9,016,787 ((+177,750)=22K/day)
Overall Boinc Place 70th (static)

My own Boinc farm has been augmented by a Sempron 3100+which I've built for a couple of friends and will be testing for a few days. Call me a sad geeky git, I'll not deny it, but there are few pleasures like slotting together various bits and finding that you've successfully brought another computer into the world.

On a less satisfying note, my internet car selling has all turned a bit sour. The buyer, who is in the motor trade, now claims that the car, which he inspected & drove 500 miles home, and on which I had spent nearly £500 making sure that the body work was as good as new, has body work defects which, "if I'd spotted them at the time I'd have walked away", and "really it should cost £1800 to sort out but my mate will put it right for £300". None of these however show up on the photographs that I've invited him to send me as "it's too shiney!" All of which invites a four word reply, making condensed but witty metaphorical reference to coitus, travel & mortality, but which I have so far resisted in favour of civilised negotiation.

Finally I'm a wee bit dissapointed to see that my blog is only getting a couple of hits per day. Still, given the number of Blogs around it was probably unrealistic to expect this one, however exquisite my insights into distributed computing, and, however exciting the other meagre glimpses of my life I offer you, to become required cult reading overnight. C'est le internet!